- Commenters will get a maximum of three comments each per blog post. After that point, no further comments from that person will be allowed on that post.
- That maximum is not a guarantee. As the owner and moderator of this blog, I get to decide how long conversations will go for, and whether conversations will start at all in the first place.
- It’s fine if you disagree with me as long as you do it in a civil manner, but be aware that I am not obligated in any way to adopt your position on things, just like you are not obligated to agree with my thoughts.
- I reserve the right to ask you to make your comments more concise before I agree to post them.
- I also reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
- These terms are not a matter for negotiation or public debate.
And Some Gentle Reminders
Please remember that when you comment on someone’s blog, you are not participating in a public forum where anyone can weigh in at any time: you are a guest in someone else’s personal space. The blog owner—in this particular instance, me—has the right to decide who does and does not get to be in that space, and how long their welcome lasts.
Please also remember that when you are commenting on someone’s blog, especially if you either write a lengthy comment or are expecting the blogger to engage with you in debate about something they wrote, or both, you are demanding emotional labor from the blogger. As such, it is not fair to expect them to engage with you on your terms, or to expend additional energy on you simply because you think you deserve it.